DEPARTMENT: Behavioral Health
REPORTS TO: Behavioral Health Director
SALARY: Depending on Qualifications
JOB TYPE: Full Time/Non-Exempt/Permanent
OPEN DATE: April 4, 2022 CLOSE DATE: Until filled
Provides mental health case management to patient of the behavioral health department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides case management services consisting of:
- Linkage - Working with clients and/or service providers to secure access to needed services. Activities include communication with agencies to arrange for appointments or services following the initial referral process and preparing clients for these appointments. Contact with hospitalized clients, hospital/institution staff, and/or collateral to facilitate the client’s reintegration into the community.
- Monitoring/Follow-Up - Contacting the client or others to ensure that a client is following a prescribed service plan and monitoring the progress and impact of that plan.
- Referral - Arranging initial appointments for clients with service providers or informing clients of services available, addresses, and telephone numbers of agencies providing services.
- Advocacy - Advocacy on behalf of a specific client for the purpose of accessing needed services. Activities may include making and receiving telephone calls and the completion of forms, applications, and reports which assist the client in accessing needed services.
- Crisis Intervention - Crisis intervention and stabilization are provided in situations requiring immediate attention/resolution for a specific client. The case manager may provide the initial intervention in a crisis and would assist the client in gaining access to other needed crisis services.
Complete all documentation within one week from the date the services were provided to maintain quality and productivity standards, up to date clinical records, including progress notes and other relevant information, and enter the necessary information into the electronic health record system.
Adheres and abides by rules of Wyoming Professional Licensing Board and applicable Codes of Ethics for profession.
Performs other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the program.
Must have a bachelor's degree or higher.
Must be able to get certification through the state licensing board necessary to be a Certified Case Manager (CMHW or CSW).
Must be able to understand the impact of trauma and responses to trauma, demonstrate sensitivity and acceptance of individual experiences.
Must practice and maintain appropriate professional and personal boundaries.
Must maintain confidentiality in all interactions related to the WRFCHC, i.e., any records or client related information.
Must be flexible with scheduling to meet the needs of the organization.
Must have the ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally diverse families and communities, with the ability to be culturally sensitive and culturally appropriate.
Must possess a valid driver license and meet insurance standards and maintain insurability under WRFCHCs insurance program.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
First Aid/AED/CPR within 60 days of hire.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA
Submit a complete application with supporting documents to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY.
For any questions, please contact Susan Apodaca 307-851-5100.
Supporting documents: Proof of Covid and Booster Vaccination, Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
Applicants who have a current application on file, please submit a letter of interest for each position in which you want to be considered for. The letter should address how you meet each qualification. Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.