REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
JOB TYPE: Permanent/Full-Time/Non-Exempt
OPEN DATE: August 29, 2022
CLOSE DATE: Until filled
This position assists the Director of Finance in achieving WRFCHC’s financial goals of producing accurate and timely financial statements in compliance with the policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews and analyzes a variety of accounting transactions involving State, Federal, Community funded programs and other funding sources. Ensures transactions are recorded properly, are debited/credited to the appropriate source, and comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Reviews monthly budget reports for appropriate expenditures and spending levels. Communicate budget deficiencies and issues to Director of Finance to address with CEO, Division Leaders, and Directors.
- Monitors daily banking activity, reviews, and analyzes all monies received and ensures posting to proper accounts. Create correcting cash entries as needed.
- Review and apply federal guidelines and references as noted in the project administration guidance checklist submitted by the Director of Finance for each grant or contract.
- Prepares reimbursement requests and submits to the Director of Finance for approval and processing.
- Prepares financial reports for grant, contract, and other funding sources. Due dates and reporting requirements are entered into the accounting system by Grants Management.
2. Creates recurring journal entries in accordance with financial closing schedule and deadlines using the standard journal entry template.
- Prepares recurring and manual journal entries.
- Provides and validates supporting documentation to substantiate journal entry.
- Ensures supporting and backup documentation are complete and straightforward.
3. Prepares monthly account reconciliations and reports discrepancies to Director of Finance for proper resolution.
- Validates the general ledger and sub ledgers are reconciled with resolution to outstanding items monthly.
- Perform variance analysis of P&L transactions, including sample of transactions for appropriateness.
- Researches and resolves outstanding reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Creates adjustment journal entries required to correct balances of general ledger accounts
- Identifies and reports any discrepancies to Director of Finance for proper resolution if needed
4. Manage purchasing card transactions through external credit card management system.
- Reviews and batch assigned purchasing card transactions.
- Identifies and communicates incorrect account string used by cardholder or proxy.
- Creates adjustment journal entries to correct coding errors.
5. Gathers and prepares data and documents for a variety of financial reports. Maintains appropriately filed documents for easy retrieval, report processing and for audit purposes
6. Assists the Finance Department with respect to various accounting or special projects.
7. Consistently supports compliance with WRFCHC Policies and Procedures by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal laws and regulations.
8. Other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the department.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Business Administration with three (3) years of full-time professional level accounting work.
- Associate degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting, Business Administration with five (5) years of full-time professional level accounting work.
- Preference will be given to individuals with at least two (2) continuous years of grant or project accounting experience.
- Preference will be given to individuals with experience using MIP Accounting Software.
- Knowledge of general accounting, auditing, and budgeting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the financial reporting requirements of the State and Federal programs.
- Knowledge of 2 CFR 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
Submit a complete application with supporting documents to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY.
Supporting documents: Proof of Covid Vaccination and Booster, Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
Applicants who have a current application on file, please submit a letter of interest for each position in which you want to be considered for. The letter should address how you meet each qualification. Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.