REPORTS TO: Dental Hygienist
JOB STATUS: Full-Time/Non-Exempt/Permanent
OPEN DATE: May 22, 2023
CLOSE DATE: Until filled
Provides initial patient screening, cleaning teeth and advising patients on oral health and preventative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepare treatment room for patients, ensuring adherence to all clinical and infection control protocols.
Prepare patients for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, seating, and draping patients. Explain and demonstrate oral hygiene instructions (tooth brushing, flossing, nutritional advice, and smoking cessation) and answer all patient questions.
Manage instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and storing instruments in an organized manner.
Complete oral assessments include reviewing the patient’s dental history; evaluation of the gingival condition, dentition, and intraoral/extraoral tissues; oral cancer screening; and periodontal and dental charting.
Take and interpret dental radiographs; ensure diagnostic quality of radiographs.
Complete dental prophylaxis and non-surgical periodontal therapy by removing calculus and stains from the dentition and beneath gingival tissues; place subgingival antimicrobial agents as indicated by the patient’s periodontal condition.
Apply anti-caries agents such as fluorides and other preventative agents as indicated by the condition of the patient’s oral health.
Fabricate temporary restorations, clean and polish removable appliances, remove cement from crowns and bridges.
Maintain accurate and detailed treatment notes including vital signs, medical and dental histories, dental and periodontal charting, and treatment rendered.
Protect patients and employees by maintaining a safe and clean work environment and complying with all OSHA, CDC, ADA, and clinic procedures, rules, and infection control regulations and guidelines.
Ensure functional operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
Maintain dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing, or submitting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
Conserve dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish dental treatment.
Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
Contribute to the clinical team by participating in team meetings, assisting colleagues with clinic duties, and disseminating information as indicated.
Provide dental care in all WRFCHC outreach activities and school-based programs.
Performs other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the program.
High School Diploma/GED.
Associates or higher Degree of Applied Science in Dental Hygiene.
Current Dental Hygienist Licensed through the Wyoming Board of Dental Examiners.
Current ACLS, BLS and PALS certification or to be obtained within 60 days of hire.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
Current BLS Certification or must be able to obtain it within 60 days of hire.
Ability to lift to 25 lbs.
Must be able to stand for extended periods.
May be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
18 different medical insurance packages
Dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with 4% match
Up to $25,000 per year student loan repayment program (certain eligibility requirements)
CME allowances for licensures
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Proof of Covid Vaccination and Booster, Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- WRFCHC is a mandatory covid vaccine employer. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidates.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Susan Apodaca at 307-856-9281 ext. 120.