DEPARTMENT: Population Health
REPORTS TO: Population Health Director
JOB STATUS: Full Time, Flexible Schedule, Grant Funded, Rotating Locations
OPEN DATE: 11/08/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
The Community Wellness Coordinator is responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and evaluating comprehensive wellness programs and activities for a variety of ages that meet community needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assess, develop, and establish measure objectives and program content consistent with employee wellness interests and needs.
Develop and implement wellness programs that focus on physical, mental, and emotional health and wellness.
Integrate traditional, culturally appropriate health and wellness knowledge into the workplace.
Maintain a high level of communication and organizational skills.
Assist with planning and delivering outreach activities.
Conduct a community survey specific to wellness activities to determine community needs and interests.
Monitor and evaluate wellness program effectiveness and make necessary changes.
Maintain accurate records and track progress of wellness programs.
Responsible for developing, planning, marketing, and executing wellness initiatives.
Develop and assist with presentations, public relations and public service announcements, and the distribution of health and wellness information.
Collaborate internally, with agencies and programs to advocate for health and wellness needs of the community.
Coordinate the provision of case management, 1:1 counseling, substance abuse counseling, support groups and crisis intervention services.
Collaborate with site staff (including population health department, medical and nursing staff, behavioral health, administration, etc.) to ensure implementation and alignment of wellness programs and services on site.
Identify and secure funding sources, including grants, to support the expansion of wellness programs.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director or site administrator.
Bachelor’s degree in health education, health science, public health, or related field.
2+ years of experience in health or wellness promotion.
Knowledge of health and wellness topics.
Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Able to motivate and engage individuals in wellness initiatives.
Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under WRFCHC insurance carrier.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
Must be able to lift 35-50 lbs.
Possible standing, bending, squatting, sitting, and walking.
Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
18 different medical insurance packages
Dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with 4% match
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidates.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367