REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
JOB TYPE: Full Time/Non-Exempt/Permanent/Rotating locations/Occasional On-Call
OPEN DATE: November 8, 2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
Under general supervision, performs journey level skilled repair and maintenance work in any of several trades such as plumbing, carpentry, painting, building maintenance, and appliance repair and maintenance; performs related work as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Receives and performs assignments and work orders as assigned by the Facility Manager.
Operates snow removal equipment to remove snow by plowing and/or salting and shoveling WRFCHC properties.
Perform routine maintenance on facility and equipment including plumbing, plastering, painting, electrical, carpentry, mechanical, etc.
Perform routine maintenance on grounds, parking areas, driveways, etc. by cutting, trimming, policing, sweeping, and otherwise instructed or directed.
Ensure functionality of all lights on property, inside and outside the facility.
Assure that work areas are clean, and that equipment, tools and supplies are properly stored away before leaving areas on break or at the end of workday.
Performs maintenance on equipment and systems as required.
Able to interpret and comprehend floor plans, blueprints, and technical manuals.
Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and using equipment.
Assists others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc. as directed or requested.
Other duties as assigned are to maintain and enhance the operation of the department.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Must be able to constantly lift-up to 50lbs, moving, and loading materials.
Must be able to grasp and assemble objects with 2 hands.
Full range of motion and ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum of two years’ experience in maintenance and/or construction.
Must have general knowledge in the use of power and hand tools.
Facilitation skills to support and work cooperatively with physicians, staff, patients, and external parties.
Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively.
Must possess a valid driver license and be eligible for coverage under WRFCHC’s auto insurance policy.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
18 different medical insurance packages
Dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with 4% match
Leave Benefits to accommodate all employees’ needs for paid time off for: personal time, sick time, civic responsibilities.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidates.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367.