DEPARTMENT: Behavioral Health
REPORTS TO: Behavioral Health Director
JOB STATUS: Full Time/Temporary/Grant Funded/Non-Exempt
OPEN DATE: 9/29/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until Filled
The Behavioral Health Aide will work as part of the Behavioral Health Team reaching out to individuals and families that have not generally utilized Behavioral Health services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide community education and help integrate traditional practices with clinical services.
Facilitate patients beginning services in Behavioral Health and White Buffalo, provide screenings, brief interventions, and referrals for treatment.
Depending on level of training and competencies (BHAT 1, 2, or 3)
- Initial Intake Process
- Case Management
- Community Education, Prevention, Early Intervention
- Substance Abuse Assessment & Treatment
- Rehabilitative Services for clients with co-occurring disorders
- Quality Assurances Case Reviews
Complete all documentation within one calendar week of the service.
Performs other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the program.
High School Diploma/GED.
Be able to maintain organization and prioritize multiple job duties.
Must have basic computer knowledge and ability to learn and utilize the Electronic Health Record and Google Workplace programs.
Willingness to complete BHAT training program.
Able to mentor and coach individuals that are struggling with mental health and substance use disorders.
Able to work well with all members of the Behavioral Health Department and departments that frequently work with the Behavioral Health Department (White Buffalo, Wind River-Victim Services, School Based services, etc.).
Must possess a valid driver license and meet insurance standards and maintain insurability under WRFCHCs insurance program.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidates.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367.