REPORTS TO: Transportation Supervisor
JOB TYPE: Full-Time/Non-Exempt/Permanent
OPEN DATE: 8/8/2023
CLOSE DATE: Until filled
This position transports patients and distributions required items as need throughout WRFCHC facilities. Also, any necessary locations directly related to patient healthcare in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures, and protocol.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Transports patients safely and efficiently for healthcare or mental health appointments.
Obeys all traffic laws and rules of the road. Wears seat belt always, no texting, email or talking on cell phone while the company vehicle is in motion.
Validates patients’ identity based on established department protocol.
Will be required to assist with patient handling and lifting using appropriate patient safety equipment and appropriate safety procedures.
Remains alert to patient condition and promptly communicate change to clinical staff.
Responds to all job calls in a timely manner. Completes daily logs, fill out patient transportation referral sheets and turn the documents in by the end of the business day.
Inspects vehicle for supplies, fuel level, oil level, and maintenance defects before pre-trip and post-trips. Reports any issues to the Transportation Supervisor.
Assists with servicing vehicle maintenance and repairs.
Ensures vehicle and equipment are clean and sanitized.
Communicates status updates and location information as required in accordance with department protocols to help facilitate workflow.
Reports any driving hazards, travel delays, accidents and/or passenger incident to the Transportation Supervisor and/or Transportation Dispatcher.
Understand and familiarize addresses and locations in and around the Community.
Maintain customer service techniques when communicating with passengers regarding inquiries, requests, and complaints.
Attend all mandatory training and staff meetings. Adhere to HIPAA and patient confidentiality mandates.
Other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the department.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Must be able to constantly lift-up to 50lbs, moving, and assisting patients in and out of vehicles.
Maintain physical and health condition to safely transport patients.
Possible exposure to blood and/or body fluid/infectious disease/hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat.
Maintain high awareness and alertness when out on the road with patients.
Must be capable of critical thinking and be able to keep calm under high pressure situations
High School diploma or GED
One (1) year work experience driving a passenger van, delivery/cargo van, and/or light truck.
Must possess a valid driver license, provide a current 5-year DMV record printout and be eligible for coverage under WRFCHC’s auto insurance policy.
Must be respectful, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity, be flexible and open to changes daily and demonstrate a sound work ethic.
Must demonstrate basic knowledge of computer skills for google docs and assigned duties.
Must be able to read and understand maps paper and electronically.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
First Aid/AED/CPR within 60 days of hire
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Proof of Covid Vaccination and Booster, Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- WRFCHC is a mandatory covid vaccine employer. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidates.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367.