DEPARTMENT: Tribal Victim Services
REPORTS TO: TVS Executive Director
JOB TYPE: Grant-Funded/Full-Time/Non-Exempt/Rotating Shifts
OPEN DATE: July 31, 2023
CLOSE DATE: Until filled
Provides services of safety and protection for all visitors, staff, and company assets at the Prevention Through Intervention Campus (PTI) and Child Advocacy Center (CAC)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conducts routine foot patrols or with an assigned vehicle to monitor for conditions or situations that may pose a risk to the safety of people or property.
Provides escort services for visitors and staff.
Maintains knowledge/follows policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. Facilitates planned drills and simulations.
Maintain security logs; Investigates and documents security incidents.
Accurately receive and transmit information by radio, telephone, or computer system.
Maintains law and order by contacting law enforcement in accordance with the jurisdiction.
Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles; responds to suspicious persons, vandalism and/or hazards.
Responds to clinical codes and emergencies including the de-escalation of an aggressive patient; implements emergency procedures when appropriate or as required.
Responds to first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and other emergency response procedures, as needed.
Ensures all security and surveillance systems are working properly.
Locks and secures doors after hours according to schedule.
Watches for and reports irregularities, such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, security lights, and security doors left unlocked, etc.
Basic snow removal from doorways.
Performs other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the program.
High School Diploma or GED.
One (1) year experience in security, law enforcement, or military, preferred but not required.
Must be able to obtain Basic Life Support within 60 days of hire.
Proficient computer skills in utilizing a variety of applications including Microsoft word.
Must possess a valid driver license and be eligible for coverage under WRFCHC’s auto insurance policy.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
Must maintain physical health to effectively deal with stressful and potentially hazardous emergency situations.
Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat.
Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing, sit, bend and reach.
Must be able to lift approximately 100 pounds.
May be required to work outside the traditional work schedule.
May be called out to work off-shift in emergency situations.
Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
18 different medical insurance packages
Dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with 4% match
Leave Benefits to accommodate all employees’ needs for paid time off for: personal time, sick time, civic responsibilities.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Proof of Covid Vaccination and Booster, Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- WRFCHC is a mandatory covid vaccine employer. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidates.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367.