DEPARTMENT: Tribal Victim Services
REPORTS TO: SANE RN Coordinator
JOB TYPE: PRN
OPEN DATE: March 28, 2023
CLOSE DATE: Until filled
As a highly skilled, compassionate, registered nurse you will provide timely non-judgmental, compassionate care to victims of all ages (sexual assault, abuse, and domestic violence) in Fremont County. Includes a forensic exam, prophylaxis for sexually transmitted diseases, pregnancy prevention, photographic documentation, referrals for appropriate after care, and participation in the legal proceedings upon subpoena.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide complete information about choices so victims can make informed decisions about the care they want to receive.
Collaborate with Wind River Victim Services and other advocacy services to connect patients to additional resources.
Ability to triage patients appropriately if a change in medical condition occurs requiring transport to ED or clinics for reassessment.
Coordinate care by all agencies in assisting sexual assault victim during medical-forensic exam.
Communicate with ED and/or medical coordinator regarding physical/ medical needs that may arise during the exam.
Perform and document sexual assault and forensic interview correctly.
Perform a complete physical and forensic evidence collection including head to toe assessment for trauma, detailed genital exam, forensic specimen collection, including photography.
Maintain a chain of evidence for collected evidence.
Provide expert testimony as witness for cases performed as SANE during the judicial process.
Communicate with the corresponding agency and district attorney as necessary.
Maintain exam room and equipment to provide for continued and unpredicted patient care.
Maintain contact with WR Tribal Victim Services for 2 years after leaving the program to enable contact with the judicial system if required for trial cases.
Provides evidence collection from suspects as requested by law enforcement, upon consent by suspect or search warrant if applicable.
Adhere to SANE protocols and provide services in a manner that demonstrates respect for the patient’s dignity and meet the needs of the victim by providing an immediate, compassionate, and comprehensive evaluation.
Other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the department.
Must have a current Wyoming RN license and be in good standing.
Associate degree in nursing required, bachelor’s preferred.
Two years of nursing experience required.
Previous SANE (pediatric/adolescent/adult) experience, training, and/or certification preferred.
Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS Certification or must be able to obtain it within 60 days of hire.
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners Training required within 180 days of hire.
Must possess a valid driver license and meet insurance standards and maintain insurability under WRFCHCs insurance program.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physically strong and able to work on their feet for long periods of time.
Frequent exposure to conditions common to a medical/clinical facility, such as exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation and medical preparations.
Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
18 different medical insurance packages
Dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with 4% match
Leave Benefits to accommodate all employees’ needs for paid time off for: personal time, sick time, civic responsibilities.
Up to $25,000 per year student loan repayment program (certain eligibility requirements)
CME allowances for licensures
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Proof of Covid Vaccination and Booster, Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- WRFCHC is a mandatory covid vaccine employer. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidates.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367.