DEPARTMENT: White Buffalo Recovery Center
REPORTS TO: Clinical Coordinator
JOB TYPE: Full-Time/Non-exempt/Rotating locations/Some evenings required based on client schedules.
OPEN DATE: January 25, 2023
CLOSE DATE: Until filled.
This position must foster a client's rehabilitation from a diagnosed substance abuse disorder by organizing needed services and support into an integrated system of care until the client is able to assume this responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist and motivate clients to achieve and maintain basic life skills to be proactive in society.
Assist in the practice of addictions treatment, prevention, intervention, referral and follow up under the supervision of a qualified clinical supervisor.
Assess clients' strengths and needs, utilizing screening tools that best fit their level of care.
Assist in organizing services and support an integrated system of care with other agencies.
Provides clients assistance in referring to services outside of the agency such as: inpatient facilities, menta] health, vocational rehab, etc.
Explore and advocate for community-based services dependent on the clients' needs and refer to non-substance abuse services.
Monitor client cases as they process through a comprehensive system of care.
Work with clients' families to assist in creating a supportive environment for recovery.
Provide transportation to and from residential treatment centers in the State and surrounding areas.
Assist or facilitate outpatient education sessions.
Completes necessary documentation according to CARF accreditation and 3rd party payer standards.
Completes paperwork requirements to maintain quality, up-to-date records, including progress notes and other relevant information, enter the necessary information into the electronic health record (EHR) system, ACCUCARE.
Administer random substance use screening, to support continued sobriety.
Assist Certified Addiction Practitioner or Licensed Providers with the processing of Addiction Severity Index (ASI) and provide input and recommendations for treatment planning.
Maintain professional standards of conduct, and model recovery type behavior. Adhere to NAADAC Code of Ethics, as well as policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the program.
Minimum of an associate degree in human services, addictionology, psychology, or a related field.
Complete 270 hours of education and/or training with a minimum 200 hours specific to addictions, six hours of communicable diseases coursework, and at least 30 hours of counseling ethics. Up to 70 hours may be in general mental health subjects not specific to addiction.
Must be a Certified Addiction Practitioner Assistant or obtain certification within 6 months of hire date.
Must possess a valid driver license and meet insurance standards and maintain insurability under WRFCHCs insurance program.
Knowledge of confidentiality rules and regulations including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2.
Must have two (2) years of continuous recovery to be clean and sober.
Basic knowledge of substance abuse.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
First Aid/AED/CPR within 60 days of hire.
Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
18 different medical insurance packages
Dental and vision insurance
Retirement plan with 4% match
Leave Benefits to accommodate all employees’ needs for paid time off for: personal time, sick time, civic responsibilities.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
- Supporting documents: Proof of Covid Vaccination and Booster, Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
- WRFCHC is a mandatory covid vaccine employer. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
- Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
- Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
- Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
- When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
- WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidates.
- Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
- Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Human Resources at 307-856-9281 ext. 367.